Test Infrastructure Engineer
Test Infrastructure Engineer (Audio Hardware, Firmware & Software)
Salary competitive based on experience, plus excellent benefits package
We are looking for a motivated Test Infrastructure Engineer to join our highly respected Quality Assurance team. Working closely with our development and IT teams, and the rest of QA, you will take ownership of developing the tools and frameworks that facilitate continuous integration, and test automation within the build pipeline.
This is a new position, and therefore provides an opportunity for the right candidate to grow with the role, and to play a significant part in defining the future direction of this key business activity.
Initially there will be a need to perform some manual and automated tests to support on-going product development. However, successful development and adoption of our test infrastructure will significantly reduce this requirement.
Our goal is to harness the power of an automated build/test framework by combining it with sophisticated automated testing to minimise unnecessary manual testing, achieving more efficient test cycles and quicker time to market.
What you'll be doing:
- Designing, building, and maintaining robust build and test infrastructure to facilitate creation of automated tests for embedded firmware, Windows drivers, and software applications (both standalone and web)
- Configuring continuous integration pipelines to incorporate automated test tools, and refine our build and release processes
- Maintaining test computers for use as clean systems (both physical and virtual)
- Ensuring that infrastructure issues are addressed quickly, to minimise system downtime
- Communicating test results and build status to the development and QA teams
- Establishing best practice in this area, and sharing knowledge with the wider department to facilitate adoption of our test infrastructure
- Working closely with other teams in the R&D, Engineering, and Operations Departments to ensure a collaborative approach to test infrastructure quality
What experience you'll need:
- A professional background in one of the following disciplines: Test Infrastructure, Test Automation, Quality Assurance, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, or similar
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (preferably Jenkins), including pipeline creation
- Exposure to Artifact Repositories and Configuration Management tools
- Experience with version control systems, e.g. Git, Mercurial
- Knowledge of manual and automated software test approaches
- Scripting ability in one or more languages, e.g. Python, PowerShell, Bash, Ruby
- Knowledge of virtualisation, and imaging/restoring of physical machines, would be an advantage
An ideal candidate would have:
- A desire to create solutions for other engineers
- A rigorous and creative approach to problem solving within a CI environment
- The ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- A degree-level qualification in a related discipline is desirable
- An interest in music and audio technology
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, employee share scheme, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits, and free use of a local recording studio and rehearsal space – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.