Embedded Software Engineer
Salary dependent on experience, excellent benefits package
We're looking for highly motivated engineers to help us develop state of the art audio interfaces, midi controllers, groove boxes and synthesisers. The right candidate should have a computer science/electronic engineering degree (or similar) and 2+ years industry experience in embedded firmware development projects.
You'll be involved throughout the development cycle which will include the evaluation of new technologies, development of new products and optimisation of existing products. We’re looking for someone who can apply a thorough engineering approach, is logical, proactive and innovative. The role will require design, test, review and debugging skills. It’ll be important to integrate effectively with the other team members, be able to break projects down into stages with clear deliverables/dependencies and deliver project work to committed timescales.
If you want to be part of an energetic and creative team, involved in the creation of industry leading sound recording and music production equipment in an exciting company which is committed to grow and evolve, we would love to hear from you.
An ideal candidate would be able to:
- utilise strong coding skills in C and work with, or have familiarity with C++ and other languages such as and Python
- demonstrate understanding of embedded firmware architecture and be able to balance trade-offs
- write clear, high performance, maintainable code to a deadline
- develop real-time embedded firmware on small footprint microprocessors
- work both on bare metal and with operating systems e.g. FreeRTOS (embedded Linux experience desirable)
- organise code efficiently and manage within a repository using a tool such as SVN, GIT or Mercurial
- generate automated unit, regression and integration tests
- design, test, debug and problem solve in a range of scenarios
- clearly articulate complex concepts
- effectively engage in team work and show good communication skills both written and verbal
- be flexible, curious, lateral thinking and apply pragmatism
- share an interest in audio technology and music
Incorporating the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
Focusrite is an equal opportunity employer, we are company of employees spanning a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we acknowledge that embracing our diversity is one of the keys to our future success.