Embedded Software Engineer
Salary dependent on experience, excellent benefits package
We're looking for highly motivated engineers to help us develop state of the art audio interfaces, midi controllers, groove boxes and synthesisers. The right candidate should have a computer science/electronic engineering degree (or similar) and 2+ years industry experience in embedded firmware development projects.
You'll be involved throughout the development cycle which will include the evaluation of new technologies, development of new products and optimisation of existing products. We’re looking for someone who can apply a thorough engineering approach, is logical, proactive and innovative. The role will require design, test, review and debugging skills. It’ll be important to integrate effectively with the other team members, be able to break projects down into stages with clear deliverables/dependencies and deliver project work to committed timescales.
If you want to be part of an energetic and creative team, involved in the creation of industry leading sound recording and music production equipment in an exciting company which is committed to grow and evolve, we would love to hear from you.
An ideal candidate would be able to:
- utilise strong coding skills in C and work with, or have familiarity with C++ and other languages such as and Python
- demonstrate understanding of embedded firmware architecture and be able to balance trade-offs
- write clear, high performance, maintainable code to a deadline
- develop real-time embedded firmware on small footprint microprocessors
- work both on bare metal and with operating systems e.g. FreeRTOS (embedded Linux experience desirable)
- organise code efficiently and manage within a repository using a tool such as SVN, GIT or Mercurial
- generate automated unit, regression and integration tests
- design, test, debug and problem solve in a range of scenarios
- clearly articulate complex concepts
- effectively engage in team work and show good communication skills both written and verbal
- be flexible, curious, lateral thinking and apply pragmatism
- share an interest in audio technology and music
Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme and share options, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.