Junior Product Manager for Novation
We have an exciting opportunity for a junior product manager to join our incredibly successful product team, and take ownership of part of our Novation product portfolio. You will be part of the Product Team, and contribute to the definition and delivery of the Product Strategy needed to meet the Company’s Vision and future growth plans.
For your roadmap you will own each product lifecycle from concept through to end of life, making sure you have the right products in the market at the right time.
This position will report to the Head of Product for Novation. Together you will be engaging at all levels of the business, from segment team to operational board, to define and implement your product strategy, roadmaps and priorities.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify what problems we can help solve for our customers, and what products they need.
- Author Product Proposal Documents and Business Cases for new products, and own the outcome – meeting or exceeding revenue and profit targets for your products.
- Own and deliver your part of the rolling product roadmap for Novation.
- Work together with your segment team to deliver great products. Be responsible for Product Management deliverables within hardware projects. Support your team with risk reduction and construction phases.
- For software products, you will be the Product Owner within the Agile Scrum process, owning the backlog and ensuring your team is focused on the highest priorities.
- Together with the Head of Product for Novation, own the business and resource prioritisation to achieve the Novation product strategy.
- Prioritize support and maintenance for your products in the field, and manage the end of life process.
Other key relationships:
Work closely with:
- Segment Marketing Managers, contributing to product marketing, customer insight, market size analysis.
- The Product design team, on UX, product research, and product design.
- CTO and Chief Scientist, to keep technology and product innovation at the heart of our strategy.
- R&D, Engineering, Customer Support, and Operations, to identify and support the product development effort needed to deliver the Novation strategy.
- The Head of Customer Experience and the support team to achieve Net Promoter Score and Ease of Use targets, with a relentless focus on delivering industry leading Customer Experience.
What experience you'll need to apply:
- At least 2 years experience delivering technology products to market through well managed product management practices.
- Exposure to Waterfall and/or Agile methodology.
- A strong affinity for the Novation customer, and the customer personas across the range.
- Good commercial acumen. Results focused, delivering commitments today, with one eye on the future identifying the next opportunity.
- Great people skills. Able to work closely with others, as part of a cross functional team.
- Strong personal leadership - able to work autonomously, and get things done.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate at all levels of an organization.
- Love of music is essential! In this role you will inspire a company of music lovers.
Ultimately, we’re looking for an inspirational product manager, who can consistently and repeatedly enable the whole company to do what they do best - put amazing products into the hands of our customers, and help them make music.
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, employee share scheme, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits, and free use of a local recording studio and rehearsal space – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.