QA Engineering Placement
QA Engineering Placement
We are looking for a motivated Intern to join our highly respected Quality Assurance team for a 12-month placement. You will be helping us to develop brand new products, working to ensure that they meet the high standards of Quality, Ease of Use, and Reliability that our customers have come to expect from us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing manual and automated tests on new products under development
- Analysing test results/logs, fault-finding, and reporting bugs to the development teams
- Working closely with other teams in the R&D, Engineering, and Operations Departments to ensure a collaborative approach to product quality
- Supporting our existing users with testing for maintenance updates, as well as ensuring on-going compatibility with third party software and hardware releases
- Reviewing technical specifications for new products
- Helping to validate that new technologies and product concepts are fit for purpose
What experience you’ll need:
- Working towards a degree-level qualification in science, engineering, technology, or related discipline
- A passion for quality, and an appreciation of what this means in practice to our customers
- The ability to communicate clearly
- A rigorous, scientific approach to problem solving and analysis
- An understanding of computers, including prior experience of Command Line Interfaces and/or basic scripting ability would be an advantage
- Passion for, and knowledge of, music and audio technology is essential
Doing a 12-month placement at Focusrite is like becoming one of the family. A rapidly growing, global family. We’re focused on providing opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
Our placements are very popular, and that’s mainly because you can really get stuck in during your year with us. We don’t ask you to answer the phones and do the photocopying. We want you to help develop our products, market our brands, speak to our customers and make us better. A lot of our previous placements are now full-time employees.
All placements last for 12-months. We pay you £15k per year (£16k in London), and you get to share in some of the same benefits as our permanent employees; an employee purchase scheme, free breakfast and lunch, company music events, lunch and learns from across the business and external visits – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and creating awesome music making experiences for our customers.
Our four brands, Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation and Ampify, come together around a common mission to remove barriers to creativity.
Focusrite is The Interface Company. That’s what it does. More people record and listen to their productions through Focusrite than any other interface brand. The Focusrite Pro division has been created as a distinct group, focused on serving the unique needs of commercial operations.
From the ubiquitous Launchpad 8 x 8 grid behind over a billion YouTube views, to the synthesisers behind a constantly evolving new musical landscape, Novation plays a huge part in shaping the music and art of tomorrow.
Born out of Novation and based in Tileyard, Kings Cross, Ampify holds true to our fundamental purpose, creating cool music-making software that brings the life-enriching experience of music making to a larger audience than ever before.
We work hard. We are professional. And we play hard too. We select really, really talented and passionate people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply for as many of our placements as you wish.
Timetable for applications
Deadline to apply: Monday 7th January 2019
Interviews: February 2019
Offers made by: Monday 18th March 2019