System Administrator (DevOps / AWS)
System Administrator (DevOps / AWS)
Term: Permanent, Full-time
Location: London area
Rate: £60-70k depending on experience
Based in the London area, you will join an international, multicultural, and creative environment that supports individual growth, innovative thinking and knowledge sharing.
As a keen System Administrator and music lover, you want to help us build a robust platform to bring music production into the connected world. You have experience driving highly available and scalable cloud systems and working in a cross-functional team using agile methodologies. You are technically curious, and see challenges, obstacles and setbacks as a way to learn and improve.
- Work with a team of experienced System Admins and Engineers following DevOps principles on continually improving the company’s infrastructure, systems and services.
- Maintain the high availability of the Focusrite platform
- Ensure repeatable deployments using modern infrastructure-as-code tools and tests
- Help architect the company infrastructure to be scalable and performant.
- Ensure the security of the services, including reliable backup and real-time monitoring
- Learn from other experienced developers and work in an environment which supports individual growth
- Collaborate with other cross-functional, distributed teams to identify and solve challenging issues to deploy scalable and robust software
- Automate deployment and continuously monitor a scalable, immutable infrastructure to ensure that our music loving users worldwide have their products and services available at any time
- Be part of the on-call rotation for the systems you build
Ideally you have experience with:
- Setting up and scaling infrastructures on top of cloud PaaS (AWS, GCP, or similar).
- Infrastructure as Code, using tools such as Terraform
- Aggregating microservices using an API gateway (e.g. AWS API gateway, Kong, Apigee…)
- Configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Salt.
- Virtualisation and container technologies such as ECS, Docker, Kubernetes, VMware…
- Using logging systems such as Elk stack, Logstash, Splunk, Prometheus
- Building VPC and using AWS Direct Connect to bridge our internal network
- Managing cloud access control
- Setting up networks (Firewalls, VPNs, Security, etc)
- Linux system administration
- Scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, and Bash, as well as familiarity with administering PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
- Best practices for version control (e.g. using git)
Other knowledge and interests that would help:
- Integration of third party services such as Adyen, Recurly, SalesForce or Netsuite
- Administration of continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab jobs)
- Artefact management systems (e.g. Artifactory)
- Windows and macOS, as well as code signing on these platforms.
- A passion for music technology would be a plus!
Incorporating the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
Focusrite is an equal opportunity employer, we are company of employees spanning a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we acknowledge that embracing our diversity is one of the keys to our future success.