Web developer (Drupal / PHP)
Web developer (Drupal / PHP)
Based: London, High Wycombe, or remotely with weekly access to High Wycombe
Focusrite are looking for an experienced Web developer who can design/code PHP Drupal based applications using the appropriate tools. We expect you to be able to carry out maintenance programming for existing implementations and perform unit and regression testing of own development work. You’ll be able to gather, understand and if necessary document end-user requirements and deliver solutions to meet them.
You can document code and report on project deliverables and it would be handy if you know how to a tune a Drupal stack: code profiling, web server tuning, diagnosing performance bottlenecks. We encourage innovation and there will be opportunity to explore new software development technologies and techniques. Magento Open Source is already being rolled out but how about a Symfony stack with a React interface or Headless Drupal with Web Components?
- Commercial experience in Drupal 7 & 8 or Symfony stack is essential
- Custom module development experience, PHP skills, good knowledge of the Drupal API
- Experience using Drush, Drupal Console and Composer
- Ability to assist in gathering project requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and client-facing
- Experience with performance optimization of Drupal/MySQL systems
- Experience with source control, Git essential. Github, Pull Requests and Gitflow would be great.
- Drupal site-building skills (i.e. Views, Paragraphs, Block API, View Modes, etc.) preferred
- Drupal 8 development would be very advantageous and Magento development would be incredible.
- Agile/Sprint based development experience also seen as a big bonus
- Passionate musicians, sound engineers and tinkerers will be right at home!
Incorporating both the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.