Software Developer (DevOps)
Software Developer (DevOps)
London. Full-time. Available now.
We at Ampify Music make some of the most successful mobile music creation software in the world. Our mission is to help music makers around the world create amazing music, even will little musical knowledge. The role will operate from our London software start-up ‘Ampify Music’, located at Europe's premier music technology hub ‘Tileyard Studios’ (near Kings Cross, London). Your role will be to help us extend our growth, enabling a huge global music making user base, whilst being part of a compact, focused team of passionate music lovers.
You’re a keen "cloud native" developer and passionate music lover. You dream of bringing music creation into the modern connected world, and aspire to join a team of passionate modern web focused developers from a variety of technical backgrounds. Our API currently powers three of the worlds most successful iOS apps (Launchpad, Groovebox and Blocs Wave), in conjunction with a powerful backend library of sounds. We need someone to help extend our platforms capabilities to fuel our rapidly growing user base, pushing the boundaries to grow our international user base. You will help us to evolve, and extend our systems accordingly.
You know how to build secure, scalable and robust platforms. Maintainability, automation, testing, clean code and continuous delivery are core to your work ethic. You have solid experience delivering features in at least one object oriented or functional language and automating the deployment of infrastructure on the AWS platform. You will help us steer in the right direction, providing advice on existing and future design from a systems perspective focusing on things like high availability, security, monitoring.
You’ll guide us by choosing the best platform and tools for the job, and work with the team during the design
of new functionality. You'll also help us build the team as our apps and customer growth demands it.
- Deliver high quality features with flair
- Codify and automate our infrastructure (i.e terraform)
- Improve and standardise the way we log and monitor across services.
- Design for scalability and secure platform.
- Review pull requests from other team members.
- You have solid experience with modern infrastructure tools such as Docker, Terraform, AWS (ECS, Api Gateway)
- You love working with microservices and have sound knowledge of the HTTP protocol
- A firm knowledge of API authentication, authorisation and security technologies (Oauth2, OpenId Connect, JWT)
- You are an advocate of Test Driven Development, continuous integration and developing applications in a lean way.
- Developing using modern source control tools (github, pull requests, etc)
- You’re passionate about extending your own capabilities; a will to go deep and learn new skills.
- You want to be part of a small start-up oriented team, working closely and communicating clearly with others.
Incorporating the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
Focusrite is an equal opportunity employer, we are company of employees spanning a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we acknowledge that embracing our diversity is one of the keys to our future success.