Product Manager for Focusrite
Product Manager for Focusrite
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager/Owner to join our highly motivated Product Team and take ownership of part of Focusrite’s product portfolio. You will contribute to the definition and delivery of the Product Strategy needed to meet the Company’s Vision and future growth plans.
For your roadmap you will own each product lifecycle from concept through to end of life, making sure you have the right products in the market at the right time.
You will work closely with the Focusrite Product team, engaging at all levels of the business from segment team to operational board, to define and implement your product strategy, roadmaps and priorities.
There is currently scope for either a junior, or more senior role within the team (the latter requiring some relevant professional experience). Salary dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits package.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and deliver your part of the rolling product roadmap for Focusrite.
- Work together with your segment team to deliver great products. Be responsible for Product Management deliverables within hardware projects.
- For software products, you will be the Product Owner within the Agile Scrum process, owning the backlog and ensuring your team is focused on the highest priorities.
- Identify and propose new products ideas. Identify what problems we can help solve for music makers, and what products they need. Work with all departments to develop these ideas into part of the ongoing roadmap for Focusrite.
- Prioritise support and maintenance for your products in the field.
- Research and refine your understanding of our customers, and continue to develop your knowledge of product design, marketing, sale territories and technology.
Other key relationships:
Work closely with:
- The Product design team, on UX, product research, and product design.
- Segment Marketing Managers, contributing to product marketing, customer insight, and market size analysis.
- R&D, Engineering, Customer Support, and Operations, to identify and support the product development effort needed to deliver the Focusrite strategy, and to achieve Net Promoter Score and Ease of Use targets.
What experience you'll need to apply:
- A strong affinity for Focusrite’s customers and products.
- Great people skills. Able to work closely with others, as part of a cross functional team.
- Personal leadership - able to work autonomously, and get things done.
- Communication skills and ability to collaborate at all levels of an organization.
- Good commercial acumen. Results focused, delivering commitments today, with one eye on the future identifying the next opportunity.
- Experience delivering technology products to market through well managed product management practices.
- Ideally a degree related to Engineering, Technology, Product Design, or Music Technology.
- Exposure to Waterfall and Agile methodology is a plus.
- Love of Music Technology is essential! In this role you will help inspire a company of music makers.
Ultimately, we’re looking for an inspirational Product Manager/Owner, who can consistently and repeatedly enable the whole company to do what they do best - put amazing products into the hands of our customers, and help them make music.
Incorporating the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
Focusrite is an equal opportunity employer, we are company of employees spanning a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we acknowledge that embracing our diversity is one of the keys to our future success.