Head of Digital and eCommerce
Head of Digital and eCommerce
Base: High Wycombe
Salary: Up to £50k base, plus £10k OTE
As the Head of Digital and eCommerce, you will own the vision and strategy for our direct to consumer online business and digital marketing across all brands (Focusrite, Focusrite Pro and Novation). You will have the ultimate goal of profitably managing revenue through our own eStore and global marketplaces, while minimising the impact on, and being respectful of, our traditional routes to market.
You will be a highly analytical, detail oriented and commercially focussed professional who has seen previous success in developing and growing an eCommerce business. As a proven leader, you will be able to pull together and motivate a cross-functional team to deliver on your vision while also balancing the requirements of our direct to consumer channels against the wider objectives of the business.
You will be a savvy digital marketer with experience of creating effective online acquisition and retention strategies using a range of online channels and CRM tactics. You will also have experience in developing high-performing digital marketing teams.
Ideally you will have experience of the MI industry, knowledge of our product ranges and an understanding of the customer groups we speak to.
Core responsibilities include;
- Develop and execute our global direct to consumer strategy to deliver agreed revenue and contribution targets.
- Working with the Online Product Owner, define and work towards a best in class user experience and customer journey for our websites, maintaining a full testing and improvement backlog.
- Continually track, analyse and optimise online customer journeys and site content, ensuring all areas are fully optimized for conversion.
- Accountability for how our brands and products are represented and listed on third party marketplaces such as Amazon, Reverb, eBay, Mercado Libre, etc.
- Working closely with the wider Marketing and Sales teams, lead the creation of promotional plans and marketing campaigns/communications to increase customer acquisition and increase customer lifetime value.
- Overseeing global performance marketing channels including PPC, SEO, email, remarketing and affiliate programmes, you will build and deploy a digital marketing strategy to both increase brand awareness and drive revenue and contribution for the business.
- Work with our Operations teams to ensure customer orders are fulfilled in a timely and efficient manner, driving further efficiencies where possible, and stock levels are effectively managed.
- Work with our Customer Services team to ensure that customers queries are promptly and proactively managed across all channels and territories.
- Work with our Finance team and payment gateway to actively manage fraud risk, ensuring we’re protected against crime.
- Line management, development and coaching of the Online Marketing team; driving the efficiency and effectiveness of all online channels.
- Creation of annual business plans, quarterly forecasts and weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting on the direct to consumer business; sales, revenue, contribution and key web metrics.
- Management and ownership of the eCommerce P&L.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years eCommerce experience in a similar role
- Business planning and global eCommerce strategy development experience
- Knowledge of web technologies, best-practice user experience design/layout, and site performance optimisation
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Exceptional collaboration skills - able to work effectively with a variety of different people
- Proven influencing skills across all levels of business (including board level)
- A solid, hands-on understanding of marketing and communications channels
- Experience using Google Analytics (or similar web analytics) to identify trends and take appropriate actions
Incorporating the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
Focusrite is an equal opportunity employer, we are company of employees spanning a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we acknowledge that embracing our diversity is one of the keys to our future success.