Junior Mechanical Designer (Product Design)
Junior Mechanical Design (Product Design)
We’re looking for a Mechanical/Product Designer to join our Mechanical Design team. We’re a young and vibrant team of designers that are passionate about creating products that are inspiring, not intimidating; products that are both engaging and exciting - that help people enjoy music.
You will have responsibility for delivering the Mechanical Design of Focusrite/Novation products, collaborating in Industrial Design of new concepts, and working with the engineering teams to deliver a product ready for mass-production. With research into new processes/technologies, contribution to process improvement initiatives, we aim to deliver smart, cost optimised designs that meet the high standards of Quality, Ease of Use and Reliability that underpin our philosophy and that our customers expect. This role also provides exciting opportunities for travel to the Far East, providing onsite support to our contract manufacturers.
An Ideal candidate is likely to be:
- Passionate about great design and has at least 2 years’ industry experience in a mechanical or product/industrial design role.
- Degree level educated, with a BEng / BSc /BA, preferably in a Mechanical Design, Product Design or Industrial Design subject.
- Able to demonstrate proficiency in the use of MCAD (Solidworks experience is preferable).
- An advanced user of graphic design and photo-realistic rendering software packages such as Adobe Illustrator and Keyshot.
- Experienced in early concept work and has prototyping/model making skills.
- Knowledgeable on a wide range of manufacturing/fabrication and finishing processes commonly used in the mass production of consumer electronic products.
- A great problem solver with the ability to deconstruct complex problems.
- Able to utilise research and logical reasoning to underpin design decisions.
- An effective team worker, has empathy for colleagues and can demonstrate good written/verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, curious and pragmatic.
- Interested in technology and music.
If you want to be part of a creative team, involved in the development of industry leading sound recording and music production equipment in an exciting company which is committed to grow and evolve, we would love to hear from you.
Incorporating both the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.