Junior Software Developer (C++)
We're looking for an outstanding junior software developer to join our software team. We'd like you to work with us to design and develop C++ desktop and mobile apps and high-level firmware for exciting new products, as well as contribute to maintenance of our existing product range. You'll need to quickly learn new technologies and write clear, high performance, well documented and maintainable code.
An ideal candidate is likely to be:
- A high performing graduate in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Familiar with high-level concepts such as object-oriented design and design patterns
- Familiar with low-level concepts such as bits and bytes, MIDI
- Familiar with a variety of programming languages, technologies and operating systems, such as:
- C++ (essential), Python, Juce, Qt, macOS, iOS, Windows, Linux
- Passionate about programming, application software, music and audio
- Able to solve complex problems without compromising on quality
- Able to clearly communicate technical designs verbally and in documentation
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, employee share scheme, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits, and free use of a local recording studio and rehearsal space – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.