Junior Project Manager
Junior Project Manager
Salary: to up £30k
Full time, High Wycombe, UK
We're looking for a highly motivated Project Manager to join the Operations Team. The right candidate must be organised, a quick learner, and able to lead cross-functional teams that include members of Product Design, Engineering, Sales and Marketing.
You will be part of a small and enthusiastic team of project managers, delivering industry leading sound recording and music production equipment, in an exciting company which is committed to grow and evolve.
The successful candidate will:-
- Be responsible for managing the development and delivery process for new electronic hardware and PC/Mac/iOS software products, across the Focusrite and Novation portfolio, ensuring consistent excellence in quality, ease of use, and reliability.
- Contribute towards wider business change by identifying and implementing process improvements across multiple departments. This involves working with stakeholders to expose and document requirements, generate and propose solutions, and help facilitate meaningful change.
- Apply and leverage our PRINCE2 derived project management framework to deliver successful project outcomes, generating project delivery plans, project documentation, and detailed stage plans with deliverables and review gates.
- Work closely with the cross functional delivery teams, managing priorities, resolving work load conflicts, and planning and coordinating the stage deliverables from product concept validation through to mass production. Project ownership will be for the entire development process “End to End”, including deliverables from Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Customer Service.
- Be responsible for estimating project costs, tracking the project performance measures (schedule/cost/quality) across the programme, and reporting status regularly to the Programme Manager.
- Take ownership of project risk management: exposing, documenting and ensuring mitigation plans are successfully implemented as part of their projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience delivering projects:
- Able to demonstrate capability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrable ability to understand and assess the schedule and risk in the planning and delivery of consumer hardware and software projects.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, identify critical path activities, and resolve resource constraints.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Familiar with Microsoft Project and proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Incorporating the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business is set up to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.