Software Developer (C++)
Software Developer (C++)
We're looking for an outstanding software developer to join our software team. If you've used Launchpad or Circuit before, you'll know we love to innovate. We'd like you to work with us to specify, design and build exciting new Novation products. You'll need to quickly evaluate new technologies and contribute to team best practices. Most importantly, you'll write clear, high performance, well documented and maintainable code.
You'll also contribute to the maintenance of current products, comprising desktop software and high-level firmware for our Novation products.
An ideal candidate is likely to be:
- A seasoned software developer, with experience of a variety of programming languages, technologies and operating systems, such as:
- C++ (essential), Juce, Qt, network programming, multi-threading, macOS, iOS, Windows, Linux
- Familiar with GUI development and what makes a clear design
- Able to think abstractly from a high-level (architectures, design patterns, concurrency, API design) all the way down to low-level "C style" code (communication protocols, bits and bytes)
- A computer science graduate or related education
- Passionate about music and audio technology
- Able to solve complex problems without compromising on quality
- Able to clearly communicate technical designs verbally and in documentation
Team based in High Wycombe, flexible arrangements available including working days in the London office
Incorporating the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
Focusrite is an equal opportunity employer, we are company of employees spanning a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we acknowledge that embracing our diversity is one of the keys to our future success.