Technical Support Placement
Technical Support Placement
As a Technical Support Engineer, the applicant will be responsible for helping to maintain the high level of customer service we provide. They will work as part of a global cross-functional team answering pre and post sales customer enquiries by phone, email and live chat, and working proactively to reduce the number of customer enquiries.
- Act as focal point for pre/post sales and technical enquiries via phone, email and live chat relating to the Focusrite and Novation product lines.
- Recreate end-user setups to replicate issues reported in the field and submit bug reports to the development team.
- Coordinate warranty and non-warranty repair bookings for dealers and customers.
- Represent the Technical Support team and our customer base during the development phase of exciting new products.
Abilities, skills and experience required:
- The ability and readiness to work well as part of a team
- Knowledge of audio interfaces, MIDI control, home/studio recording setups and music production
- Experience with Mac OS and Windows systems
- DAW knowledge (e.g. Pro-Tools, Logic, Cubase)
- A polite, patient and helpful phone manner
- Experience dealing with customers
Doing a 12-month placement at Focusrite is like becoming one of the family. A rapidly growing, global family. We’re focused on providing opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
Our placements are very popular, and that’s mainly because you can really get stuck in during your year with us. We don’t ask you to answer the phones and do the photocopying. We want you to help develop our products, market our brands, speak to our customers and make us better. A lot of our previous placements are now full-time employees.
All placements last for 12-months. We pay you £15k per year (£16k in London), and you get to share in some of the same benefits as our permanent employees; an employee purchase scheme, free breakfast and lunch, company music events, lunch and learns from across the business and external visits – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and creating awesome music making experiences for our customers.
Our four brands, Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation and Ampify, come together around a common mission to remove barriers to creativity.
Focusrite is The Interface Company. That’s what it does. More people record and listen to their productions through Focusrite than any other interface brand. The Focusrite Pro division has been created as a distinct group, focused on serving the unique needs of commercial operations.
From the ubiquitous Launchpad 8 x 8 grid behind over a billion YouTube views, to the synthesisers behind a constantly evolving new musical landscape, Novation plays a huge part in shaping the music and art of tomorrow.
Born out of Novation and based in Tileyard, Kings Cross, Ampify holds true to our fundamental purpose, creating cool music-making software that brings the life-enriching experience of music making to a larger audience than ever before.
We work hard. We are professional. And we play hard too. We select really, really talented and passionate people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply for as many of our placements as you wish.
Timetable for applications
Deadline to apply: Monday 7th January 2019
Interviews: February 2019
Offers made by: Monday 18th March 2019