Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
You have extensive experience developing and shipping complex multimedia applications and writing DSP code for high-performance environments. You have experience developing for macOS, Windows and iOS and understand the challenges involved in building cross platform applications. You love music and music-making software and are a driven, scientifically minded individual. You’re friendly and comfortable working in a small team.
We’re looking for an outstanding software developer to work on our range of successful audio apps and to be part of the development of the next generation of products. You'll work with us to specify, design and build new products. The work will involve writing code for the x86 and ARM platforms; adopting/refining new working practices; and, most importantly, writing lucid, high-performance, maintainable C++ code, which will form a critical part of a number of new product ranges.
- You will develop code for the macOS, Windows and iOS platforms
- You will write code that has demanding requirements for audio performance and low latency
- You will develop user interface components and improve our current audio engine, write synthesisers and audio effects
- You will help to improve our build and development processes
- You’ll be part of an energetic and creative team with a passion for designing industry leading audio apps
- At least 5 years' relevant experience
- Strong understanding of digital synthesis, filter design and FX algorithms
- Solid mathematical knowledge and familiarity with modelling tools such as numerical Python / Matlab / Mathematica
- Significant experience in developing real-time DSP software
- Exceptional knowledge of C++ and assembly (intrinsics)
- Knowledge of Juce
- Deep understanding of git or similar revision control systems
- Excellent design, debugging and problem solving abilities
- Good team working and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Awareness of modern CPU architectures and code optimisation techniques to minimise runtime overhead on a general-purpose CPU
- A love of programming, music and synths and effects
We are a new, innovative London-based software start-up launched in 2017 and funded by Focusrite/Novation. Our mission is to create amazing music-making products for the new ‘mobile-first’ world, in an environment where like-minded, passionate people can collaborate seamlessly and build ideas fast. Our office is a dynamic, positive and collaborative place. Here you’ll meet other smart and creative people, collaborate, and bring ideas to life.
We’re a small team with big plans. We’ve already got some of the best-performing music-making apps on the iOS App Store (Launchpad, for example), and we’re growing fast. Being a part of Focusrite/Novation gives us stability and support.
Ampify is based in the heart of London at Tileyard Studios, Europe’s fastest-growing music and tech hub, which is home to the creative industry's top artists, composers, writers and producers. You’ll often bump into them when getting your morning coffee. Find out more about Tileyard Studios at http://tileyardstudios.co.uk.
AMPIFY - WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a wide range of great benefits.
- Homeworking flexibility
- Lunch at Tileyard’s vibrant Vinyl Cafe
- Breakfast and daily snacks
- Bike-to-work scheme and bike storage facilities (with showers)
- Employee discounts on all Focusrite/Novation/Ampify/REDnet/KRK/Stanton/Cerwin Vega products
- Comprehensive healthcare plan
- Pension scheme, to which the company contributes
- 23 days holiday per year
- Access to use and borrow hardware and software products
- A parental leave policy
- Social events, music nights and music-making weekend