Online Product Owner
Online Product Owner
As the Online Product Owner you will own the vision for our websites, up to the point of conversion, across the Focusrite, Focusrite Pro and Novation brands. You will have the ultimate goal of delivering the best customer experience, optimising it for conversion, through the management and prioritisation of a backlog of requirements, working closely with our internal web development team to deliver this.
Core responsibilities include;
- Accountability for the creation, definition and management of the marketing and eCommerce online backlog; running requirement gathering sessions with all key stakeholders
- Ownership, creation and articulation to key stakeholders of the marketing online product roadmap.
- Being an active participant in Agile ceremonies (sprint planning, refinement sessions, sprint reviews, retrospectives, etc) and acting as a subject matter expert for scrum teams, providing insight, context and additional information as needed to help the understanding of what is required
- Creating epics, and breaking these down into smaller user stories, to clearly communicate the problem to be worked on to the wider team
- Collating all the supporting evidence and artefacts for epics/user stories e.g. UX designs, prototypes, images, etc
- Ensure all items on the backlog have an articulation of the business value they will deliver to help with prioritisation
- Ensure all items on the backlog have a clear definition of done to provide a obvious measurement of whether a user story/epic has been delivered or not.
- Prioritisation of feature and development requests, ensuring delivery of highest value items first, while balancing this with any technical dependencies
- Conducting user testing and research to ensure feature developments deliver against expectation and any bug/fixes/opportunities are identified
- Widely communicate the vision for our online estate to all stakeholders and get buy-in from them
- Providing regular reporting and status updates on expected delivery dates of feature requests to the wider business
- Provide regular reporting on our overall website performance
- Manage relationships with 3rd party development teams and service providers as needed
What we’re looking for:
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Prior experience of delivering projects through Agile and SCRUM
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Delivery focused with excellent attention to detail and strong drive to resolve issues
- Proven influencing skills across all levels of business (including board level)
- Exceptional collaboration skills - able to work effectively with a variety of different people
Incorporating the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
Focusrite is an equal opportunity employer, we are company of employees spanning a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we acknowledge that embracing our diversity is one of the keys to our future success.