Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer
Term: Full-time, Permanent
Location: High Wycombe
Are you an engineer looking to join our Focusrite Pro team and be involved in developing future ranges of network-based audio products?
The team creates products which are used in a range of environments including:
- Live music
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for:
- Developing embedded software for our RedNet and Red product ranges based on Dante within an Agile team
- Refining product specifications, producing innovative designs, generating complexity/work estimates, fixing issues and engaging with a multidiscipline team
- Conducting code reviews and helping other members of the team
- Improving our working practices to keep up to date with technology trends in our product sector and best practice in the software development industry
You should apply for this role if you have:
- Competent coding skills in both C and C++
- An understanding of embedded firmware architecture and ability to balance trade-offs
- A technical or engineering-based degree and 2+ years of industry experience in firmware development projects.
- A commitment to continual improvement both personal and of the wider team you work in
- The ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences
It would be advantageous if you have some of the following:
- Knowledge of bare metal and RTOS designs
- Experience of working using Agile methodologies such as Scrum.
- Test driven development (TDD); unit, integration, automated and system testing experience
- Understanding of code management systems e.g. GIT, Mercurial, SVN,
- Knowledge of continuous integration, specifically Jenkins and Artifactory
- ARM (Cortex M) and/or XMOS programming experience
- Embedded Linux experience
Incorporating the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
Focusrite is an equal opportunity employer, we are company of employees spanning a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we acknowledge that embracing our diversity is one of the keys to our future success.