Head of Product for Focusrite and Novation
Head of Product for Focusrite and Novation.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced audio portfolio product manager to join our incredibly successful product team, and take ownership of the Focusrite and Novation product portfolios. You will manage the Product Team, and support them in the definition and delivery of the Product Strategy needed to meet the Company’s Vision and future growth plans.
Your team will own each product’s lifecycle from concept through to end of line, making sure you have the right products in the market at the right time.
This is a senior position, reporting directly to the CEO. You will be engaging at board level to secure agreement on product strategy, roadmaps and priorities.
What you'll be doing:
- Championing the Company Vision and Product Strategy throughout the organization.
- Contributing to the overall business strategy, including ownership and delivery of the rolling product roadmaps for Focusrite and Novation.
- Cross functional leadership in product marketing, customer insight, market size analysis, product research, and product design.
- Strategic leadership; an ability to make the big calls! Guide your team in their management of the product pipeline, owning business and resource prioritisation to achieve the overall product strategy.
- Working closely with Sales and Marketing, R&D, Engineering, Customer Support, and Operations, to sponsor a “One Culture” attitude to product development.
- Working closely with our CTO and Chief Scientist, to keep technology and product innovation at the heart of our strategy.
What experience you'll need to apply:
- At least 8-years' of proven product management leadership in the recording technology segment
- A solid knowledge base of the audio technology industry: You will have a solid grasp on how the industry has evolved, latest trends, and where you see new opportunities and areas of advancement.
- A proven track record of delivering a great product strategy.
- Experience delivering technology products to market through well managed product management practices.
- Strong commercial experience. Results focused, delivering commitments today, with one eye on the future identifying the next opportunity.
- Great people management, particularly when establishing a product management team and growing talent through coaching and role modelled behavior.
- Team leadership and coaching skills, and a proven ability to get the best out of people. Ability to inspire people, and put the right people in the right jobs.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate at all levels of an organization.
- Business planning and budget management experience.
- Love of music technology is essential!
Ultimately, we’re looking for an inspirational leader, who can lead a team of product managers and designers, to consistently and repeatedly enable the whole company to do what they do best - put amazing products into the hands of our customers, and help them make music.
We’re a growing family. A rapidly growing, global family. But a family nonetheless. Fundamentally, we’re focused on providing opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music. Our four brands, Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation and Ampify, come together around a common mission to remove barriers to creativity. For musicians struggling to capture their sound, to enabling some of the greatest shows on earth.
Focusrite is The Interface Company. That’s what it does. More people record and listen to their productions through Focusrite than any other interface brand. Behind this hard-earned position is more than 30 years of experience in creating the highest-quality audio products for every customer market, from budding songwriters to commercial facilities.
We’ve always had a focus on customer care, and pride ourselves in really understanding the wide array of customers we serve. As Focusrite products become integrated into an ever-increasing number of professional facilities around the world, Focusrite Pro was borne out of the desire to better serve the needs of these commercial operations.
From the ubiquitous Launchpad 8 x 8 grid behind over a billion YouTube views, to our synthesisers used to create the signature sounds behind a constantly evolving and enchanting new musical landscape, the Novation brand continues to play a huge part in shaping the music and art of tomorrow.
Born out of talent from Novation and based in Tileyard, Kings Cross, Ampify holds true to our fundamental purpose, creating cool music-making apps that bring the life-enriching experience of music making to a larger audience than ever before.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, employee share scheme, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, free breakfast and lunch, company hack-days, lunch and learns from across the business, external visits, and free use of recording studio and rehearsal spaces – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and creating awesome music making experiences for our customers.
We work hard. We are professional. And we play hard too. We select really, really talented and passionate people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.