Media Relations Placement
Media Relations Placement
Based in our marketing department, you will work as a member of the Media Relations team, which has responsibility for liaising with UK & global media partners and acts as the main point of marketing communications into and out of the business for the press (covering music, audio and general). You will be tasked with liaising with core media and PR partners, and the wider business in order to best represent the Focusrite & Novation brands via appropriate outlets.
- Coordinate product reviews with core media partners, actioning review strategies as part of wider marketing campaigns.
- Coordinating and managing loan products for core media partners & influencers.
- Liaising with the Media Relations Executive to deliver marketing campaign briefs.
- Reporting on web and print media coverage for our brands. This will include working with the Social Media team to report on media partner coverage on social platforms, as well as our Online Marketing team to analyse digital marketing data with core media partners.
- Liaising with core media partners to provide and manage advertising artwork, both print and digital.
Abilities and Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a BEng / BA degree, preferably in a related marketing or media subject
- Self-motivated, driven and ambitious
- Strong personal leadership – well organised, with excellent attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good Microsoft Excel & Word skills on either Mac or PC
- Comfortable with data analytics and reporting
- A demonstrable passion for music is vital. An interest in recording or music-making would be beneficial, but not necessary.
Doing a 12-month placement at Focusrite is like becoming one of the family. A rapidly growing, global family. We’re focused on providing opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
Our placements are very popular, and that’s mainly because you can really get stuck in during your year with us. We don’t ask you to answer the phones and do the photocopying. We want you to help develop our products, market our brands, speak to our customers and make us better. A lot of our previous placements are now full-time employees.
All placements last for 12-months. We pay you £15k per year (£16k in London), and you get to share in some of the same benefits as our permanent employees; an employee purchase scheme, free breakfast and lunch, company music events, lunch and learns from across the business and external visits – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and creating awesome music making experiences for our customers.
Our four brands, Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation and Ampify, come together around a common mission to remove barriers to creativity.
Focusrite is The Interface Company. That’s what it does. More people record and listen to their productions through Focusrite than any other interface brand. The Focusrite Pro division has been created as a distinct group, focused on serving the unique needs of commercial operations.
From the ubiquitous Launchpad 8 x 8 grid behind over a billion YouTube views, to the synthesisers behind a constantly evolving new musical landscape, Novation plays a huge part in shaping the music and art of tomorrow.
Born out of Novation and based in Tileyard, Kings Cross, Ampify holds true to our fundamental purpose, creating cool music-making software that brings the life-enriching experience of music making to a larger audience than ever before.
We work hard. We are professional. And we play hard too. We select really, really talented and passionate people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply for as many of our placements as you wish.
Timetable for applications
Deadline to apply: Monday 7th January 2019
Interviews: February 2019
Offers made by: Monday 18th March 2019
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!