Base: High Wycombe
Salary: Up to £40k, depending on experience
The Project Manager will focus on delivering a diverse range of projects that aim to improve the experience of both internal and external customers and help the company to deliver its strategic goals. Projects will vary from internal technology, infrastructure and system implementations to delivering new products as part of our NPI project pipeline.Good cross departmental management will be critical as you will be interacting regularly with all business areas to deliver a diverse portfolio of business enabling projects of varying length and complexity.
Working closely with department/resource managers will be required to balance the priorities of project and ‘business as usual’ work amongst project resources.
The Project Manager will utilise best practice project management tools and frameworks in both a Waterfall and AGILE capacity to deliver projects, while constantly looking to evaluate existing processes and work alongside stakeholders to implement meaningful improvements and support business change.
The role reports directly to the Programme Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Validating Business Cases or equivalent prerequisite documentation for projects and working with stakeholders to ensure the time, scope and cost constraints of the project are defined.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.Conducting requirements analysis and project planning to put in place credible delivery plans; there must be a realistic Schedule and sufficient internal resources must be available and allocated by the required departments.
- Managing AGILE and Waterfall based projects, reporting regular as required through end stages or other appropriate methodology.
- Manage projects using the appropriate methodology (AGILE or Waterfall), utilising Programme reporting mechanisms and generating bespoke project documentation.
- Put in place Risk Management strategies and conduct risk mitigation planning with team members and stakeholders as part of all projects.
- Use your experience and knowledge to help in the development and training of other staff members.
- Working closely with the department heads to resolve resource constraints and project priorities.
- Regular communication of project status to the wider business stakeholders ensuring that any risks and changes to scope are exposed and discussed.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Contributing to an environment of continuous improvement and helping to develop internal processes and systems to support the business strategies and improve the performance of project teams.
Work closely with:
- Operations, IT and Marketing teams to continuously develop operational efficiency and implement change.
- Engineering and Product Management Teams as part of the NPI pipeline.
- All Senior Leadership Teams throughout the business
- Degree level education preferred.
- At least 4 years’ experience delivering projects with cross-functional teams, ideally including one or more of the following variants: digital projects, business transformation/change, new product development, SaaS implementation.
- Experience authoring, maintaining and presenting project documentation.
- Highly skilled leveraging project management and AGILE software to manage projects, design metrics, generate reports and communicate the status of projects to stakeholders.
Incorporating the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
Focusrite is an equal opportunity employer, we are company of employees spanning a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we acknowledge that embracing our diversity is one of the keys to our future success.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!