QA Engineer (Hardware & Software Testing)
QA Engineer (Hardware & Software Testing), Novation
Salary dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits package
High Wycombe, UK
We are currently undergoing an expansion of our Quality Assurance team and are looking for another passionate and motivated QA Engineer to join us, working on our Novation product ranges.
You will be working throughout the development process to ensure that our new products meet the high standards of Quality, Ease of Use, and Reliability that our customers have come to expect from us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing technical guidance into new product concepts to facilitate early risk reduction
- Devising effective test approaches to evaluate new technology
- Helping to define the scope of QA activities for new products under development
- Planning and executing functional, non-functional, and user acceptance tests
- Working closely with other teams in the R&D, Engineering, and Operations Departments to ensure a collaborative approach to product quality
- Developing your own areas of technical expertise, and providing support/training to the rest of the QA team
- Supporting our existing users with testing for maintenance updates, as well as ensuring on-going compatibility with third party software and hardware releases
What experience you’ll need:
- A real passion for quality, and an understanding of what this means to our customers
- The ability to communicate clearly
- A rigorous, logical approach to problem solving
- A degree-level qualification in science or engineering is desirable
- Some understanding of basic Python scripting would be an advantage
- A professional background in Engineering/Test/QA (Senior roles only)
- Passion for, and knowledge of, MIDI, Synthesis, and electronic music making is important:
There is currently scope for either a junior or more senior role within the team.
Incorporating the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
Focusrite is an equal opportunity employer, we are company of employees spanning a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we acknowledge that embracing our diversity is one of the keys to our future success.