Software Developer (C++)
Software Developer (C++)
Location: High Wycombe or London office
Term: Full-time, Permanent
We're looking for an outstanding software developer to join our software team. You'll work with us to specify, design and build new products. You'll evaluate new technologies, adopt and refine new working practices; and most importantly write clear, high performance, well documented and maintainable code, which will form the backbone of new product ranges.
You'll also contribute to the maintenance of current products, comprising desktop software and even firmware if you’re that way inclined!
- A seasoned software developer, with experience of a variety of platforms and languages, including but not limited to: C++14, macOS, Windows, Linux
- Familiar with one or more UI frameworks such as Qt
- Able to think abstractly from a high-level (architectures, design patterns, concurrency, API design) all the way down to low-level "C style" code (communication protocols, bits and bytes)
- Familiar with networking protocols, Unix sockets, and associated development tools (e.g. Wireshark)
- A computer science graduate or related education
- Passionate about music and audio technology
- Able to solve complex problems without compromising on quality
- Able to clearly communicate technical designs verbally and in documentation
Incorporating the Focusrite, Novation and Ampify brands, we aim to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious and prestigious history. Alongside Novation and Ampify, the hardware and software that we develop plays a significant role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to contribute to a world where we’ve made a difference creating opportunities for everyone and anyone to enjoy creating music.
We embrace evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our business has a flat structure and is setup to enable everyone to contribute and be heard at all levels and at all stages of product development. We encourage innovation, fresh thinking and are passionate about creating great products.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, share options, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.
Focusrite is an equal opportunity employer, we are company of employees spanning a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we acknowledge that embracing our diversity is one of the keys to our future success.